Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Finishing a thought

Due to some technical difficulties, the picture that I took of my (now quite ancient) haircut only just got uploaded today.

Here I am, in all my uneven, choppy, frizzed out glory:

Bad idea beauty

Actually, it's not a terrible photo. Sadly, combine the 10,000% humidity with the shaggier hair (as it grows out) and you don't end up with America's Next Top Model. Whatever: it's just hair.

In lieu of a proper update, I have uploaded a bunch of pictures to Flickr.

In other news, I have lots of possible topics to write about, but never enough time (or motivation, apparently). So now we'll harness the interactive power of the internet. Tell me—and death is not an option—would you rather hear about:

A) my (semi-)triumphant return to running, in which I conquer (most of) the dreaded lighthouse mountain.
B) The disaster that was "running" with Hash House Harriers, and how we ended up running AWAY ("don't look back, Rose! Don't. Look. Back.")
C) My trip south of Gambia (check out the map on the sidebar) to tropical Senegal
D) My battles with tailors and the successes and failures of my nascent career as a clothing designer—WITH PHOTOS!

Allez! Choisissez!

17 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Hash House Harriers, because I was there and want be part written up as part of your adventures. And it was so funny.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Shaney said...

Hi there,

I have a friend who just moved to Mozambique and then I found your blog through a series of links that originated at a different friend's blog, so I started to read your posts.

This was on about July 11.

The day you stopped blogging!

So, I just wanted to say that I am happy you are back and I am looking forward to hearing about your latest adventures. I love reading travel tales because I am a Canadian living in Japan, so I know what it is like to live in a different culture.

And, my vote is for you to talk about all of the things you listed (at least a little bit of each), but if I can't have that, I will settle for the 3H story as Rose up there says it will be funny.

Thank you for blogging!

9:32 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

oh this is too unfair. i want it all. non choissezing for me.

(I secretly really want "D")

:)
hair looks good to me!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

I vote for C!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I love the haircut!! It looks great!

6:44 PM  
Blogger squidvicious said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 PM  
Blogger squidvicious said...

damn girl, either tropical senegal or clothing design. both get me. so happy to see a new entry, i've been checking for weeks!

10:04 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

uh, as if there's a choice to be made...

HASH HOUSE HARRIERS!!!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with D, yo. Clothes and pictures? SWEET.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

love the haircut, coincidentally i just published my haircut photos today!

and i say all of the above!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I just checked out your recent photos... Fantastic sunset!!! I love the one of the three small children...

6:15 PM  
Blogger David said...

I want hear about the writing career ... then running stuff. Oh - and where things stand with Theo!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

H3 - they're a bunch of buttheads and can be nice guys on occasion. I think that's the story.

10:32 PM  
Blogger AnnekeS said...

I wanna hear about D. Clothes!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Tropical Senegal! Tropical Senegal!

Okay, they all sound good.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just happened on your site and looked at all your pictures today. I lived in sicaps Karak for six months about three years ago--everything looked so wonderful and familiar! Especially the fooseball table on the sidewalk, which I'm sure is the same one I used to walk by every day :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

Gotta be the Hash House Harriers.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home