Tuesday, October 23, 2007

You know you want to come on vacation with me...

... don't deny it.

Among my many, many (bad) reasons for not posting lately (or ever) is that I spent three weeks last month crossing the Sahara.

Theo and I flew to Casablanca and bit-by-bit, train by crowded (and sometimes less crowded) bush taxi, by bus, we made our way back to Dakar. Our own private Paris-Dakar Rally, if you will, with less speed and more cookies. Although maybe the people on the Rally like cookies. I do.

Anyway, we took a brief detour inland to the Atlas Mountains where we met up with the ever-fabulous Julia and her cool-chick friend Alden. On the way inland, we stopped in Ait Ben Haddou, home of a famous (or INfamous) Casbah, where Lawrence of Arabia was filmed (also Gladiator. Who knew?)

And there we did something NO ONE in the history of EVER has ever done.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NAOMI!!! I have been thinking about you and wondering what you have been up to, hoping desperately you'd update. And not only do I get an update from you, but I get to see you doing time steps in the desert. That is simply phenomenal. :)

How much longer are you going to be across the Atlantic? I talked about visiting you last year and didn't do it, but we have "spring" break again this year in late Feb/early Mar. Would that still be a possibility, or do you think you will be gone?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

you so totally rock!

9:11 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

that was inspired!!! how the hell did you remember all those moves? IMPRESSED AM I!!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Cyrus Farivar said...

That sounds awesome! Was it hard to do? How was Mauritania, Western Sahara and the minefields I've heard about?

10:38 PM  
Blogger ButterPeanut said...

totally awesome!

6:02 PM  
Blogger aerorunnergirl said...

Glad to see you posting again! I've stalked your blog for a while, but I was beginning to fear that you would never blog again! :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger David said...

You have certainly squeezed a lot of juice out of life. Nice dance routine! You look good - and fit!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Bravo! Bravo!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Naomi!! I was just messing around, and was thrilled to see an update from you! Glad to see you are still putting your tap skillz to good use. :) Hope everything is going fabulously!

11:22 PM  
Blogger monicac2 said...

This was GREAT! :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That video totally made my morning! Thank you!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home