Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm it!

So recently I was "tagged" with this "meme" about the "23rd" "post". And I was all excited, because I've never been tagged before. I have arrived! People like me! I am an Internet!

So of course I raced off to post my... what do you call it? Reply? Iteration? Whatever. And of course, I didn't race off to do anything. I waited for days to get around to it.

But that's okay, because here I am. And in my 23rd entry, which was dated March 22nd, 2004, do you know what my 5th sentence was? Are you ready for it? It's going to blow you away. And I'm totally not just saying that.

"I know it’s true."

That's it. "I know it's true."

I don't... get it.

Actually, I don't know where this meme comes from. What was the point of picking the 5th sentence of the 23rd post. Was it supposed to reveal something about me? About my blog? Boil me down to my deeper essence and hand me the truth on a platter? Is there biblical significance to the numerology 23:5?

"I know it's true."

What does it MEAN?

The next thing I was supposed to do, was tag 5 other people to play this game. And I was all excited about that, too, except then I realized what a minefield it was. What if I tagged people who don't read my blog? Then they'd never know they were tagged, and EVERYONE would know that nobody cool read my blog, and then they would realize they were ALSO too cool to read. Or what if I tagged someone who'd already had a turn. And then left out somebody who still hadn't been tagged, who then felt like nobody cared about THEIR 23rd post, 5th sentence.

I can't handle the weight of my middle school angst.

But I hate being the girl who's like, "I tag you! You who are reading this right now!" because everybody knows that's lame.

So I tag no one. This meme dies with me.

I don't think I get to be an Internet anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

aww. you're still "an Internet"... never fear!

9:42 PM  
Blogger David said...

23:5 in the Bible "Meme no more."

7:54 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

The meme didn't die...it just passed over to the other side. Where it belongs. This one was ... just dumb. Even if it was my fault...

but... on the other hand, the 5th line of your 23rd post? "I know it's true."

It's just very ... profound. and deep too. I know it's true, too. btw.

7:59 PM  
Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

The good thing about your 5ht sentence of your 23rd post being "I know it's true" is that I can recommend to you one of the best books ever written. Read "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. It will make your meme experience worth it - promise.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home