Tuesday, January 17, 2006

[/whiny rant]

So I was really getting into my grump yesterday. I was on a roll, and I wasn't stopping, even hours later. And then I was on the phone with a friend, and I started to get really self-righteous about how I had a follow-up appointment with a travel doctor today, and (don't forget to imagine my withering tone) how I was paying HUNDREDS of dollars for the PRIVILEGE (said with devastating sarcasm) of having my arm jabbed repeatedly with pointy sticks.

Except that as soon as I said it, I realized that -- and I'm sorry for getting all, "Teacher says that every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings" on you -- actually it is a huge privilege to be able to pay any amount of money for these vaccinations. Because the reason I need them is that there are real people dying from these very real diseases, and because I was born here and because of some pretty amazing science, I will be protected from all of them, having suffered nothing more than a hit to my bank account and a few jabs from a pointy stick.

And the rest of my whining? Well, it's some pretty high class problems I'm facing, what with the computer and the car and the iPOD that are costing me SOOO much money, and...

So I'm done with the complaining, is what I'm saying. Or at least the complaining about money.

Which leaves me with not a lot to talk about right now. My running has been utterly routine lately. No funny stories there. There was the time that I ran in Pittsburgh and I did some drills on the track and... no wait, that's not interesting.

You know what? Go read the rundown. There's lots of runners with better stories than me. And Derek needs some hosts in the coming weeks, so if you haven't written a rundown before, consider volunteering. I've done it twice, and it's super fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

This IS pretty funny. I mean, really, when I think of the things I whine and rant about on my blog (oooh, my kid didn't get the teacher she wanted!, oooh, what warm winter running clothes should I buy??), when ya know, people are starving... blah blah, angels wings indeed.

One piece of unasked for advice:
1) Never ever ever rely on a recorder for an interview. You will regret it when you discover your battery died halfway thru... :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home