Thursday, December 15, 2005

True story:

Last night, I was getting ready for bed. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and I saw the bottle of vitamins that I bought over the summer, and that I stopped taking after about a month, because I hated swallowing the giant pills.

I decided I should start taking them again. I finished brushing my teeth, popped a vitamin in my mouth, and walked out to my living room (or, well, only room—it’s a studio) and took a big gulp of water from the half-full glass I’d left out a few minutes before.

Mission accomplished, pill swallowed, I looked at the glass.

Which had a big, disgusting waterbug (which is just a fancy word for COCKROACH) floating in it.

I DRANK the BUG water. I ALMOST drank the BUG. In fact, I may have drank a bug. Who knows? Maybe there were TWO in the water before I took my giant gulp.

Do cockroaches carry the plague? I’m probably going to die now, right?

Gaghaighah.

10 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

Once, not so very long ago, I poured myself a great big bowl of cereal and settled in to watch TV. After I had eaten most of it, (and it was HEALTHY cereal, with SOY milk), I looked down and saw my bowl was Crawling with ANTS.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Do you remember in high school when we all ate the ant cookies? Ok, ew, I need to throw up now.

10:18 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grody grody thats disgusting ohmygod i would have barfed.

i officially now have the heebie jeebies

10:25 AM  
Blogger :) said...

ohmygod! That. May be the grossest thing I have ever heard.

I would have shoved my finger down my throat immediately to see the #2 roach!

Urrgglecchhhhhhhh.... /vomit/

11:08 AM  
Blogger Noames said...

Jeanne--I read your comment and thought "ugh, that may just be worse." And then I read Anna's comment, and I thought, "ugh, I don't remember that, but now it seems like I've had both the world's MOST disgusting bug/food incident AND the world's SECOND MOST disgusting bug/food incident. I may never eat again.

And I thought about throwing up. I kind of wanted to. Except that I hate throwing up, so I decided to cut my losses and (try to) move on.

But... I'm still not over it.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Noames, I bet you will come back from the Peace Corps and read this post and laugh until tears come out your nose.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

there is a HUGE difference between a cockroach and a waterbug believe me! waterbug doesnt freak me out as if you were sure it was a cockroach. ew.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Nah, they LOVE that stuff on Survivor. It's supposed to be extra protein, right??

8:24 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

justjunebug: It was D.C. Trust me, it was a cockroach (sorry naomi, don't read this comment.)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Don't feel so bad. I drank a whole cup of coffee and found a huge bug at the very bottom of it. I don't think it was a roach. But I'm still not sure ....

(Bleah! Bleah! Bleah! I'm jumping up and down in my seat in disgust.)

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home