Friday, December 02, 2005

Putting my money where my mouth is...

You might think that making a training schedule, following it, making travel arrangements (or, well, talking about travel arrangments), and telling everyone I know that I was planning to run Miami in January would indicate, I don't know, that I was "committed." That I actually intended to, as they say, "follow through."

You might not have been wrong to think that. But I wasn't convinced.

Because none of those things cost me anything. I could still back out and not be a penny poorer.

And apparently, money is all I care about. What's that they say about Jewish people? (I can make that joke, but you cannot. Just like my jokes about living in a hut in Africa are funny, and your jokes about catching the malaria death there are not. This public service announcement has been brought to you by our fine friends at Naomi is a Hypocrite.net, where our motto is, "Yeah, we don't like her either.")

But, back to my point, I am now actually committed. I paid more than $75 (stupid online processingn fee) to the ING Miami Marathon people. So it looks like I'll be running on January 29th.

Eek.

5 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

dear god, you make me laugh out loud.

I don't wanna hear any irish jokes outta you, either, missy. them's for me to make.

congrats! 4:30 here we (ha, we!) come!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROCK. You run that, girl!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Hey! I'm doing the Miami M myself. It'll be my first marathon and I am freaked!!! Good luck!

11:49 PM  
Blogger David said...

So you put your money on the table. Now put your feet in those sneakers and get to runnin' girl. Miami awaits us.

12:18 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

woo! exciting stuff!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home