Sunday, June 05, 2005

Wooooo!

Picture me, standing on the side of the road screaming my head off like an idiot every time I see a neon green visor with purple letters that say TNT. That's what I am doing in spirit this morning, even if it may appear, to a casual observer, that I am lying around reading a book.

Today, among many other races and racers, many of my Team in Training teammates, who have become familiar faces after five months of Saturday mornings and many, many miles, are running the San Diego marathon.

Not that any of them are reading this, in as much as they don't know about this blog and are currently, you know, kind of busy running a marathon, but, nevertheless, good luck guys, I know you are doing fantastically.

And good luck to Sarah and Irene, too, and anyone else running a race today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I did it! My goal was to finsih on my own two feet! I finished in 5:30:53. I was just about in the range of finishing under 5 hours but my knees gaveme grief at mile 18, but I'm still pretty estatic that I managed to finish when my doctor said I shouldn't even be doing this because of arthritis. Someone said you start out at 20 years old and end at 60... well it's more like 100 years old. Today I move like a really old woman. (But it was worth it.) BTw there were tons of TNT purple shirts out there... You've done the training and you'll be great! It's your turn! Go have fun!
Irene

10:58 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I wish I'd known about your training pals - the race went right past my house and I'd have strolled down to cheer when they went by! :-)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Noames said...

Congrats Irene! I had so much fun reading the blow by blow on your site!

Thanks, Denise. I thought about how you were out there, too, and I wondered if you would see the marathon as it happened. :)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home