Monday, November 20, 2006

Welcome to the neighborhood...

Anna asks:

Did you know the president of Iran recently visited Senegal (I just found out tonight... Brother was showing me his website)? Which means that my two favorite dictators have visited your fine country. Does that excite you as much as it does me?

Crap, is it time for another blog post?

I'll tell you, this having work to do really cuts into my sitting around time. And then the next thing I know it's dark, and I'm tired, and I still haven't written word one for you all.

Luckily, today question is perhaps my favorite of them all.

Of course, Anna has the advantage over many of you that she is my oldest friend in the world (oldest in duration of friendship. Age-wise, she's a month younger than me.) Point being, she can skip over the getting-to-know-you-type openers, and go directly to the heart of the matter.

So, Anna, yes, I did know that the president of Iran recently visited Senegal. But I only found out after he was already gone, so I didn't get to see him.

(For those who are curious, the other leader of state Anna mentions is the President of Libya, who stopped by in April, for Senegal's Independence Day celebrations.)

But what I bet you don't know Anna, is that Iran is also building a car factory here in Senegal. Who knew Iran even had a state-brand of cars? Not me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

You're right; I did not know that Iran was opening a car factory, nor that Iran has a line of cars. I guess there wouldn't be much of a market for them where I live (Here, enjoy our latest product--a nuclear weapon! On second thought, take a car!)

I didn't think you'd actually answer my question; this post makes me very happy.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Only 1 hour 46 minutes to go young lady before your blog turns into a pumpkin.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home